Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Christmas and New Year to remember together


To my friends,a little update from us. The second part of the year 2007 has been our busiest time. When Christmas holiday was approaching, we were all looking forward to see our baby colleen. The pre-christmas trip to Phils. has given us the chance to see a little of our beloved archipelago. With only our Alexandre to cheer up, we went visiting the northside of Luzon. From Manila to Baguio, on to Bontoc and to Banaue. We finally get a lot of time to see most of the terraces built by our ancestors. It was an enriching trip for the 3 of us being my first time as well in those corners.
The trip back to Manila from Banaue was a long winding road and a two day rest in Manila was an absolute necessity. We then get on to Tagaytay. It's a quiet yet progressing city. We took the boat and walked up to the volcano crater. Most of the visitors there take the donkeys to go up, we preferred the stretch and it was our guide who rode on our donkey. It was an exhausting yet exciting and enjoyable walk. Our stay in Taal Vista was a comfortable and satisfying experience. We had a magnificent view of the lake and Taal volcano from our room. The foods in Tagaytay were really delicious. Back to Manila, we took time to rest although shopping was never discounted in the day's activity. The day of Colleen's arrival from Paris was the most awaited time for us. Once together, nonstop giggling and fascinating smiles join the season's decor and lights. Christmas was a complete celebration for us, not to mention that we spent it with my mom and family. My mom was teary eyed, she was full of energy in our trip from bacolod to Brazaville. She doesn't want to go back to the city anymore but we have to divert her thoughts to come back. It was a reunion for all of our families and really a beautiful christmas I should say.
Separating from the family was not easy as we get ready to go back to Manila and flew to Boracay. Full splendid memories for Colleen and Alexandre, the bonding time with cousins. We arrived in boracay in full spirit. Looking forward to the new year celebration. We were in the exclusive beach of Panoly. The place is beautiful and not crowded. Those lazing in the sun are only hotelguests but it's quietness made us feel limited in terms of fun. .From January first, we were in station one where the activities are. A mixture of fun, relaxation and dining, the abundance of seafoods was an irresistible treats. Just in the middle of all those vibrant restaurants, fascinating sailboats, clear water and white sandbeach. Kids are loving it. We went sailing and jetskiing. I did prefer the less crowded part of boracay in some days. But seeing their smiles and enjoyment, I forgot the crowds. Just a memorable time spent all together. In organizing this trip, the hardest part was finding a hotel with a two bedroom suite. We did find in Manila in Best Western Hotel and in Baguio but the rest of our accomodations were two bedrooms. Luckily, we get rooms just beside each other. All photos are now loaded will share it to you by email. Still wishing you all a fabulous year.

9 comments:

Babette said...

Nice to see your pics Phoebes. I really want to visit Brazaville, someday... I like Colleen's hairstyle, it suits her real well. You all look great. :)
Miss you my friend!

Carlota said...

It's always great to see your family pictures Phoebz, full of love and happiness. wow- i love Colleen's new looks, it looks great on her.

Take care as always madame. Hugs & kisses.

oh yeah- my kharlota.com still down i switch to http://www.sweet-carlota.blogspot.com for now. i have another one too ... http://www.carlotaonline.com

Fe said...

hello Dai Phoebe..

I am here again.. I was looking for my entry but can't find it anywhere.. hmmm...

I am still trying to get the album to open it's door but still won't badge.. maybe I need the hammer..LOL..

fe

mermaidejen said...

Hi kusinerang pinay

Kusinerang pinay can I have those muffins of yours.Thanks for your time, hope you get to see all the photos.

mermaidejen said...

Hi Miss Fe,

Keep trying dear hope you get the excitement soon

mermaidejen said...

Hi miss carlots,

thanks for your time and the links. I went in carlotaonline already, found your link from ylan's blog. I voted there na. will visit the other one now.

Lan said...

Hi Phoebe, thanks for the email and the photos you shared. i have fun viewing every single album you have in your gallery. Your dalaga look great on her new style hair cut and you binata ang tankag nya. can't believe you have teen-ager, but your still sexy as ever. miss our company and hope to see you again. I might going home this year around oct. take care and hi to your family.

Anonymous said...

yahooo.. I meant to say hi lang.. nothing new..kumusta ang buhay mo.. i will just tell you a little bet about me..LOL.. as if I am applying for something.. haha.. I have been doing great. Hubby keeps me busy too. Matt is been doing great in school. I am happy and feeling like a queen. now , that is fun to read and I am sure it would be so fun if it's real.. di ba? hmm.. I am hoping and crossing my fingers that hubby will win the bet on tickets for hawaii to see The Police there next week. that would be fanstastico!!! great 10 yr anniversay gift for me but not The Police part, jsut the Hawaii lang..haha. Now, I think I have said enough of none sense but oh well.

Keep it up dai Phoebe.
hugs from fe

mermaidejen said...

Hi Lanie, my pleasure dhay. Thanks for your time, I know you have been busy but you took time out. Hope you had fun browsing. kumusta ka na diyan?