Monday, September 10, 2007

Asian Link

We had the other night the Indonesian Independence Day. It was quite a crowded gathering mainly with diplomats. I was apprenhensive to see 2 filipinos only in that gathering. Meet friends and acquaintances. I know I can be mistaken as Thai, Malaysian or Indonesian. But I know by heart, it's not simply by features, being asian myself. I know for a fact that I can be with any nationality and still be able to make the most of each gathering. They are all friendly, used to go around their circles. An extra effort on my side to take a habit of learning a few words of each of the asian countries we had been. It sounds funny to be saying words in another language but it seems my tongue has found home to each malay language. Not much to carry a long conversation but good enough to break the ice of a new meeting (he he). Here are a few of the asian togetherness I am part of. I truly enjoy their company. Sharing with you as well the fashion show of "The east mingles with the west" a showcase of different traditional saris mixed with western clothes. Missed the first part as we were in a reception but somehow enjoy what I was able to capture


6 comments:

Fe said...

TADA.............

I am officially invited by good 'ol friend.. i meant REAL good friend to view her envious site..aguy.. did I say it right.. what I really meant is that..galaway ra ko diri ug tan aw sa bag-ong nina sa imong site ba...

To the designer CARLOTS..hat's off ako sa imo dai.. way to go and so impressive.. what a talent you have.. two thumbs up..

Dai Phoebe. I trully love your new blog.. she was able to balhin sa imong blog dah.. easy ra kaayo sa iya no...

bout your fashion show night.. bah.. ganda nila tingnan.. very asiany and everyone seems to look very into it.. dai Phoebe, I love your purple gown.. you look so poise and so into it.. what happen to the girl next to you.. maybe the phototrapher didn't signal her to get cheeses ready.. But the most I really love is that gown na looking yellow and your hair hangs down..Indonesian Night iyon.. and you look so happy dear.. if you can only see me here too, I am very happy..

Like you said, you just fit into any gatherings.. way to go for you miss. I ned to borrow your trophy from the Thai night you got.. share ba lang dai..LOL.

hey, take care and have a good one..

Si fe pa rin ito..

Carlota said...

ms. Fe nahan sab tan ana da...hehehe...

wow- Phoebz great pictures as always. love it!

Amy said...

dhay phoebs, as always loved the photos! you look so good in all your attires.. at may throphy pa! wink*

nisamot kanindot imo balay dinhi.. thanks for inviting me too! i agree w/ u.. 7 star na jud. bravo sab sa imo designer/architect. smile*

mermaidejen said...

Hi Fe,

Da, salamat sa visit dhay. ha ha, sorry nawala ang smiling face ko sa asean night, murag nikusog mi sa nerbiyos. Yes, you can borrow my trophy will send it via dhl, only if u make a catwalk.

mermaidejen said...

Carlots, thanks baya madam, will cherish it.

mermaidejen said...

thanks dhay ams, wa pa gyud ko namaster ani how to go around even inside my own house. mawagtang pa gyud ko dhay. Pero am having fun learning the ways. Thanks for coming bye, sayang miss ur visit, a cup of cappuccino would have been fun with you. see u (smiles)!!